The BRESH Foundation takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the Foundation as highly confidential. In addition, BRESH does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents.
The Foundation deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with BRESH, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to BRESH Foundation.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and those donors and prospective donor can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of the foundation’s mission, of the way the foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Donations contributed will be used to meet the cost of Relief feeding operations of the Org. In case of any excess funds at the end of a relief service, the funds are directed towards feeding the children.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities.
- To have access to the foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the foundation to the donor will be professional .
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the foundation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers
Donation refund policy
BRESH follows a reliable refund policy to let our donors feel privileged about their association with us. We take utmost care about processing donations as per the mandates signed by our donors in the donor forms, both offline and online. But in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous deduction or If the donor wants to cancel/deduct the donation, BRESH will respond within 7 working days from the date of receiving the complaint from the donor. The timely refund of the wrongly deduced amount will depend on the type of card used during the transaction. We would require proof of deduction of the donation amount and written communication for a refund from the donor within two days after donation.
- In such cases, if the receipt already has been issued, then the donor needs to return the original receipt to our official address.
- In the case of a tax exemption certificate already issued, a refund will not be possible.
We can be contacted for refund requests through the following:
Address : 9-1-182/4A, Shanthinagar,
Bhadrachalam, Telangana – 507111
What information do we collect
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about BRESH as well as conducting the fundraising and other operations of BRESH. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“Donor Data”). For donations by check, Donor Data also includes the data visible on the check.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment methods. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
How we use that information
Donor Data may be used for these kinds of purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of BRESH
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations
Anonymous donor information may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising efforts. We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
Address : 9-1-182/4A, Shanthinagar,
Bhadrachalam, Telangana – 507111
We are committed to protecting donor personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.
We seek to retain donor-related information only as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations. For example, tax laws in India may require the Foundation to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so unless we are otherwise required to keep it.
Last updated: 28/12/2021